Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ex3 Creating a scenario and persona

Story of a vegetable vender.
My name is Jayalakshmi, I'm from Hassan, settled in Bangalore 15years back. My husband Srinivasan started a business of selling vegetables. He rented a shop for Rs.7000 per month. He used to get all his vegetables from city market and make a profit of Rs.20,000. per month. We had owned two fields in Hassan and my brother in law took care of the fields. As there where no shops around the area our business went on well for many years. I used to take tuitions for primary students and used to earn about Rs.5000 per month.  Our son's name Avinash now studies in 9th std.
We planned to buy a house in Fraser town as our business was going well and we had saved money. We applied a loan in SBI for 20 lacs having 8% interest of interest. Over a period of 5 years we had managed to pay our interest as were making good business.
Every thing was fine till last 3 years. In 2007 my husband started having kidney problems and had to be admitted to the hospital. He could not do his daily routines and needed help.
I started handling the business though i had very less knowledge about it but I had no other choice. Because of my lack of knowledge the business started going down and i also had to take care of my husband and my child. I had to juggle between all these three and so i stopped taking tuitions. With the hospital and medical bills to pay and also pay up my child's school fee it was impossible for us to pay the loan. We had not paid our loan for three months and we had received a notice from the bank. I went to the bank to request them for some help and they would not help. We sold  our land in Hassan and managed to pay back half of the loan. In 2009 my husband passed away leaving me alone with misery. Now I'm taking care of the business with some help from my son. We still have loan to pay back and trying to get help....

No comments:

Post a Comment